Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Another Day with the Croxtons

 8-18-2021  Wednesday

Today was just a visiting day.  We ran into Kendallville for a late breakfast (11:30), then headed back to Ft. Wayne.  Just as we got into town, Dixie texted that we were going for a late lunch with Jim's newly found half-sister and her husband, at 1:30.  We were still digesting breakfast, so we just ordered dessert.  I'm not sure what kind of logic that was, but Joe had a piece of 6-layer chocolate cake, and I had a piece of New York cheesecake.  No more meals today, although we did have some cheese and crackers during our domino game.

Lunch at Casa Ristorante was entertaining, our first chance to meet these new family members.  That consumed about 2 hours.  Faye and Mike live in Sun City West (Arizona) so we might cross paths with them again in the future.

I took the laundry to Dixie's so I got that worked in during our game of Mexican Train.  We had a good time, laughed a lot, Dixie was the big winner.  I should have taken a picture but I forgot -- I imagine I will have another chance before we all leave on Sunday.

Joe had an interesting encounter at the gas station today.  A lady pulled in at the next pump, desperately needing gas.  The building was locked up, but Joe used his credit card and filled up the Jeep.  The lady only had cash, but there was no way to put it in the gas pump, so she asked Joe if she could give him $10, and would he put $10 worth of gas on his credit card.  He did it -- I sure hope that wasn't some kind of a scam.  She said she didn't have enough gas to go to another station.  He used the credit card himself and stayed there until the pump shut off, so hopefully it was just a Good Samaritan act.

Another pretty nice day, a little warmer but not too bad, and no rain.  My Facebook account got hacked today, so my tech guru, Paul, took care of getting my phone straightened back out.  I'm sorry for everyone on my contact list -- I think they all got a message from me that I didn't send.

Still discussing where we go next -- no decision yet.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment