Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 2 Coeur d'Alene

I'm having trouble posting my pictures so I am going to have to skip them until I can get something figured out.  Cathy is working on the problem.  My blog keeps locking up on me now, not even saving my typing, so I don't know what the problem is.

 Today was raining off and on all day, with temp in the 50s.  We drove out to Prichard, which is in the Nat'l Forest, to see if we could find any evidence of the CCC camp.  We talked to a couple guys who told us where they "might" have been, so we drove past those areas.  However, we saw TWO MOOSE as we were driving in the forest. Joe got a great picture so I hope I can post it soon.


 We drove around Prichard (where my Dad served in the CCCs), which is now nothing more than an old tavern, which was not even open.

We did talk to a couple guys and they told us where the old CCC camps "might" have been so we drove those areas.  One looked like a church camp, with barracks that could have been from the CCC days.  Then we went to lunch in Wallace, which purports itself to have been "the silver mining capital of the world."  We toured an old railroad depot museum and a bordello museum.



As we headed back to camp, we drove past Lake Coeur d'Lane, which is very pretty.  It was raining again, so we didn't drive down to it.  We finished the evening playing cards with Collins and Marilyn.  I'm going to post this, and try on a separate post to put up the pix from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment