Saturday, August 8, 2015

Catch-up on Chores Day (8/6/2015)

As promised, we had no agenda today, or at least no scheduled trip.  So I headed to town with my laundry and to get a hair cut, the guys drove the RVs into town to the dump station and to fill up with water, do a little shopping.  Collins and Marilyn had lunch plans with family so it was another busy day.

I had a technical problem at the laundromat.  After my 4 washers finished, I put them in the dryer, put my money in, and selected the temperature.  But I didn't know I had to push the "start" button, since the red light had come on indicating it was running.  So I drove over to a nearby thrift store while my laundry was supposedly drying.  When they shut off 45 minutes later, my clothes were still wet.  I had not pushed the "start" button, but my time had expired.  That was $2/dryer.  I was aggravated but it was my fault, so I put more money in, and went shopping over at the Giant Tiger this time.  Forty-five minutes later, I had dry clothes. 

Joe had left me a message a couple hours earlier that he was going to Walmart and Tractor Supply but that he guessed he would see me at home.  So although I figured he had left town, I nevertheless drove over to those two places to see if he was there.  I didn't see him, so I headed through the McDonalds backwards, I missed the first turn in, and just when I pulled into a parking space, I saw Joe drive by on the side street.  So back out of McDonalds I went, and chased him down a couple miles down the road.  He parked the RV and I took him back into town to get his hair cut.  All's well that ends well, I guess.

Collins spent part of the afternoon mowing the grass here at Linda's, but after dinner we played cards again.  I tried to get in a little nap, but Collins was making too much noise with the lawnmower, and Joe was doing maintenance outside, making noise too, so I didn't get much of a nap.  Mazie had baked a blueberry pie so she furnished dessert for all of us.  I didn't take a single picture today, but her pie was picture perfect so I should have run in and got the camera.

And tomorrow we are going fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment