Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Princeton (Wed.)

This morning got off to a slow start.  The housekeeper didn't show up, and it was after 10:00 before Joe came in, so I fixed biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then we went on our way.  Joe, Lori and Jim drove down to look over Mike's camper (Mike's family is going camping this weekend) so Joe could share all of his camper wisdom with Mike tonight.  I left to drive down to Princeton to my family's cemetery and put some flowers on their graves.  I stopped in Princeton for the flowers and right next door to the store I was going in was a new antique/flea market "mall," which I decided to just stop in.  Well, an hour later, I finally got out of there with my purchases but I went to the car and got my camera to take pictures of the things I wanted to buy for some of my friends but managed to leave on the shelf.  Here they are:

For Shooter:
It was $57, so I may have to go back for it.

For Mazie: 
For Marilyn: 
I actually had this cute little teapot in my cart for quite a while but finally decided Marilyn probably didn't need to figure out what to do with it, so I put it back.

For Brenda: 
And for me: 

I may have to go back and get one of these storm shelters too, but they cost almost $4000 so I'm trying to refrain from that.  However, tonight's storm clouds had me second-guessing my decision not to purchase one.




I fueled my Explorer in Princeton for $3.809.  Someone told me that the price of gas had gone up 26 cents in the last 3 days here, so poor timing on my part I guess.

We went to Clayton and Mallory's baseball game this evening, and I wasn't sure we were going to get through the game without getting wet, but the storm seemed to circle around the ball field.  Their team got stomped, 23-1, but Clayton scored the only run.  He played catcher most of the game, and Mallory was in outfield again.



After the ballgame, we headed back to Bobe's Pizza -- Lori was the one championing this but she got no resistance from us (Lucille wasn't thrilled about pizza again).  No cards tonight, we all need a little rest.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we are missing out on Kaylee's 6th grade graduation.  Sure hated to miss this big event, but we did get a picture.



View ResizedImage951369243985818.jpg in slide show









We are still under a chance of storms tonight and tomorrow but that seems to be diminishing.  We are hoping for good weather this weekend because we have lots of activities scheduled, including graduations, picnics, parties, and the Rendevous -- Vincennes' reenactment of the revolutionary war:
      " At 10 a.m., Thurs., Feb. 25, 1779, British Lt. Gov. Henry Hamilton surrendered his garrison of 80 soldiers after a siege which lasted less than two days. The victor, Lt. Col. Clark, had led an army of 170 Americans and French-Canadians across the flooded area of present-day southern Illinois in a march to Vincennes."

They have been doing this reenactment since the late 1970s but we have never gone to it, so I think this year we will go, hopefully on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment