Saturday, May 25, 2013

Shopping/Class Get Together (Fri.)

A cold front came through here last night and I woke up to a brisk 46 degrees on Friday.  This was my day to run errands.  I hadn't really had a day to do this since we've been here, and my list was growing.  Joe had a short list himself (haircut and search for fresh strawberries).  I wanted to get my car washed since I had Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois and Indiana bugs on it, but car washes are not a booming industry in Vincennes.  I found one, took me 3 attempts to enter it the right way, and then there were seven cars in front of me (it was just a drive through, no vacuuming), so I opted out of that line and headed out to Lowes.  After Lowes, I stopped in Bobe's Pizza for a quick lunch, got in line at the car wash again, this time on the first try, but again there were 7 cars in front of me so as soon as I cleared the buildings and had a clear route to the alley, I bailed again.  I had some photos to print at Walmart, and a few groceries to pick up, so I got that done and headed back out.

I found Dixie at her favorite therapy, mulching the flower beds.  She said she gets more enjoyment out of seeing the plants coming up and growing than she does in their blooming phase -- I guess you just can't take the farm girl out of the country, no matter how many years she's been gone.

Lucille was inside at the sink, I think this is her favorite past-time, next to playing cards. 
And Jim was just chilling.
Fred came out to retrieve his missing phone.  Judy was at work so he was on his own.  We had dinner plans with some of our ex-classmates (I was going to say "old" but thought better of it), and the house crew was going in to KFC.

We had a very nice dinner at Braytons -- I think there were 12 of us, so we had a lot of laughs and updates on everyone's families.  Unfortunately, one of my favorite couples, Mike and Donna Carter, was unable to join us because he's in the hospital, so that was sad.  But he's hoping to get out in the next day or so, and we pray for his recovery (he was diagnosed with A-fib, which seems to be hitting several of our friends).

When we left the house, I had Joe stop and I ran back inside to get my camera.  But then I forgot to take a single picture while we were there with our classmates.  My bad.  I really hate that, but I'm as forgetful as the rest of the crew here so I'll have to wait until next time.

Meanwhile, exciting news from Ft. Wayne.  Angie and Tim's boy, Xavier, won his age division in the Hit/Pitch/Run competition and has advanced to the MLB regional pitch Hit/Run competition.  He is one of only 4 Finalists that scored to qualify to advance and will play on the Chicago White Sox field on June 8. 
  

Congrats and good luck to Xavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment