Wednesday, July 17, 2024

 Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Short Day in Butte

It was 63 when I got up this morning.  I told Joe I might have to turn the heat on.  During the night, I did get a blanket off the couch and throw it over us in bed.  But it's a nice change to have cooler mornings.  It didn't seem as smoky outside so I'm guessing the wind changed directions.

Joe and I have both been having trouble sleeping, and last night was another one of those nights.  I was tired all day and so was he, so we completed our agenda items and called it.

First stop was the Visitor's Center, where this beautiful bear greeted us.


We found out about the trolley, which we will take in the next couple of days.  The mining museum also does tours so there are things to do here.  But not today.  From there, we went to the laundromat and took care of that chore.

My phone said there was a Quizno's in town, so we planned to have lunch there, but it turned out, after driving up and down the street where the address took us, that it closed in March.  So we stopped at the nearest fast food, McDonald's again, and grabbed lunch.  This one must be a fancy one because it has a fountain outside.


Then we just went back to the RV, got our laundry put away, and called it a day.  We really miss our former traveling/card-playing companions because we have nothing to do at the end of the day except watch TV.  Fortunately, we do have a TV signal here, and the internet works most of the time.  We got to watch the Allstar Baseball game.  Tomorrow we plan to take a drive to a couple of nearby towns (supposed to be "scenic drives"), then "do Butte" on Thursday.

The Horse Gulch Fire is now at 13,299 as of  morning, with containment reported at 10% and it is reported that the southwest side is contained.  That's good news.  I still don't know if that is where our smoke here is coming from, but I assume it is.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment