Thursday, June 2, 2011

Barbeque at Doug and Barbara's House

Wednesday, June 1 - Today we had our first Florida rainstorm -- I think this is the first rain we've seen since we left Indiana.  It hit about 2:00 p.m., and surprisingly, drizzled off and on for a few hours.  We took Tyler to get his sunglasses this morning, then he and Joe went back home to wait for the pest control guy to make his quarterly stop, so I got to venture off on my own to go shopping!  I found my way to the store, and I even got a haircut, but I missed most of the thunderstorm because I was inside a big store.  I did hear one big clap of thunder, but by the time I paid my way out, it was barely raining.  I would have liked to see this once, since there were no tornado warnings attached.

Doug and Barbara had invited us over for a barbeque tonight, so we took our swimsuits and went over there to visit and check on the RV. They have a nice little house in Appollo Beach, only about 10 minutes for JBs.


They also have 5 dogs (little yippers), which they moved from California with.  Here's part of the family.
 
I thought it was a little chilly for swimming, but not everyone was of the same mind.



We had a nice dinner, then back home to get ready for our road trip tomorrow, and for Tyler to finish his grant proposal.  Tyler is going to work with Bridgette (he knows we have to load a bunch of stuff back into the RV), and we are meeting them in Tampa when they get off work.  Our campground at Cape Canaveral (Cocoa Beach) is supposed to be on the beach, so we are hoping for a nice spot for Bridgette's first trip to the Atlantic Ocean since they moved out here.

By the way, Tyler's grant request was approved, and John is going to try to stop by Tillie's today to get him a replacement cap.  Good job, Tyler.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance to see Tyler's new hat and sunglasses? That looks like a pretty cool store John's going to... Mitch would like it! - Cathy

    ReplyDelete