Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lucille's Road Trip - Day 4 (3/30/2014) Canadian, TX to Bartlesville, OK

Sunday.  We did have a better night again, although Lucille had to get up a couple times during the night for the bathroom.  But when she woke up this morning about 7:30, she thought the ladies from the church were coming and she had to get things ready for them.  She has vivid dreams.  We had breakfast and left the campground about 9:30,  heading east.  We left Texas behind at 10:05 and started across Oklahoma.  Oklahoma was very, very windy.  Joe had to hang on to the steering wheel all day, so he was really tired by the time we stopped.

We saw a lot of burned out fields, we don't know if they were control fires, fields being burned for new growth, or something else.  We also saw lots of cattle again today.  We wanted to get off the road a little earlier tonight so our destination was Bartlesville, OK.  We got there about 4:30, got set up, then went down to use the campground shower for Lucille and the laundry next door.  I did learn that I have been remiss in my training of my husband of 45 years.  I asked him to start the laundry while I helped Lucille with her shower.  He said he didn't know how to do that, so I told him just to put the white and lights together, and the darks in the other washer.  He asked about the towels and I told him he could put them in either one.  When I went to help put them in the dryer, he had a red shirt in with the whites.  I casually mentioned that I wouldn't consider that "whites and lights."  Then I got white socks out of the washer with the jeans.  So I said "I consider these whites and lights."  He replied, "no, these socks are heavy, not light."   I forgot to mention I was sorting by color, not weight.  Oh well, live and learn.  I did call Tiffany and tell her to make sure she trains Cody a little better than I did her dad.

After our chores, we found a Golden Corral in town and had a nice dinner with salad and vegetables, which Joe thought we all needed.  We got back to the camper and settled in for the night.  Lucille played solitaire for a while, and Joe watched TV.  It is still breezy outside but no longer gale force winds.  I think it was in the 70s here today, so we are very curious about the weather for the rest of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Photos are up from the first two days...those night elves in Matthews NC have been busy! To check them out, click on Day 1 and 2 over there in the sidebar >>

    ReplyDelete