Friday, May 21, 2021

Rainy Day in Spearfish

Friday - May 21, 2021

No sunshine today, and I never saw the temperature about 42.  It drizzled off and on all day, so we decided on a "down day" and just stayed in town.  We did go out for breakfast.  I wanted to try to download a new app to assist in loading my photos into the blog, and our internet at the camper isn't very good.  But I didn't take my plug in cord with me, and the computer died before I got that done.  We spent the rest of the day in the camper.  I messed with my computer download some more but never did accomplish my mission.  I will have to wait for Cathy to work with me.

I took a picture of our neighbor's enclosed side-by-side.  We see these around up here.  Joe thinks they probably have a heater in them too.


 The breakfast restaurant had a fish fry on their menu tonight and Joe thought that sounded good, so we went back for dinner.  It is just plain cold here, so he dug our new electric heater out of the outside compartment and got it going.  Now we are toasty.  After dinner, we drove around the town a little, in the mist.  We did see this interesting camper on the Walmart parking lot.  Joe thought our neighbor Paul needed it.

We spotted 1 deer in a yard, and we have ducks with babies in the campground.  And lilacs everywhere.  They use them as hedges here, and about every other house has some.  I'm loving it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy, but no rain predicted, so we plan on doing more exploring then.  We have a fish hatchery right across the road from the campground, so we need to get that worked in the next few days.  This is a pretty town, population just over 10,000, but the interstate goes through the edge and they have about everything here.  The yards are all green and the houses seem well-kept.  We were told they are in a drought here too, but we see no evidence of that right now.  We will see what further north looks like when we move on next week. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the beetle... Jaden is spending the night tonight and we are camping out in the camper in the backyard. We were at Sullivan Lake last week.

    ReplyDelete