Thursday, June 8, 2017

6/8/2017 - Around Bishop

Thursday - After our incident-free day yesterday, today we got hit with a double whammy - before 10:00 a.m.  The first was funny but may have far-reaching results.  We started our morning by going to the famous bakery for breakfast.  My oh my, such sights!




Such choices.  SUCH DECISIONS!!!  We finally settled on breakfast sandwiches to share, and a pastry to share -- One for Dave and Mazie, one for us.  So I carried our treats to the table, and Joe followed with two coffees.  Well, just as he got to the table, his shorts slipped down around his ankles.  Of course, I didn't have the camera ready for that.  Everyone erupted in laughter.  I thought Mazie was going to have her own accident, she laughed so hard.  Joe quickly sat the coffee on the table and pulled up his pants, but it was a good thing he had on new whitey tighties!  I'm thinking tomorrow there may be a sign in the window:  "no shirt, no shoes, no pants, no service."  That's the far-reaching effect I'm expecting.

As we came back to the parking lot, there were two awesome motorcycles parked by the building.  One was a fancy Harley, but the other was a restored Indian, which drew a lot of attention from my group.




So we enjoyed our breakfast, then drove across the street to the Visitor Center, where we collected lots of brochures and information.  Armed with that, we headed back to the RV to get ready for a day trip back South to see some of the things we missed driving through yesterday.  We loaded up the back of our car, and just as Joe pushed the button to close the lift gate, I came out with another load and walked right into the corner of that lift gate.  I saw stars, Joe grabbed me and held me until I could get my bearings and he could get something on the bleeding.  I may have shed a few tears, it hurt so bad.  He took me inside, laid me down and cleaned my wound.  (He's the doctor in our family, as many of you know).

(Although I may look like death warmed over, I really did survive this little incident.)  Anyway, Dr. Joe got the bleeding stopped, cleaned the wound, and decided it just might need stitches, so, against all my pleadings, off to the hospital we went (Mazie went up to the office and learned there was no Urgent Care in town but there was an excellent hospital, and she got directions).  We got right in, and the doctor decided either stitches (3-4), or glue and steri-strips.  Since we won't be in the area very long, he went with the glue and steri-strips so I don't have to come back to have the stitches removed.  And they gave me a tetanus shot (DPT shot, actually).  So now I have a sore head and a sore arm!


 




 So we got me all fixed up, and back to the RV we went.  However, along the way, we stopped for sodas and got the car washed.  I told Joe I didn't know why we were rewarding the car since it beat me up, but I guess he thought it might behave better if it was clean.




I laid down for a while, I had a pretty good headache, but then off we went on a little adventure.  We postponed our day trip to tomorrow and opted instead to stay in town and explore Law's Railroad Museum and Historic Site.  It was much more than about railroads, In addition to train "stuff," it was 11 acres of indoor and outdoor exhibits, a Pioneer Village, and some old shops such as blacksmith, printing, repair, schoolhouse, and beautiful rock exhibits.






I had never seen a hair contraption like this, but Mazie said she had actually gotten a perm like that.  Joe thought it looked like a good way to get electrocuted.
I see a lot of these grindstones (or whatever it's called) when we go to old museums or ghost towns.  My grandparents had one of these and my sister and I would pedal away on it (although it we never got anywhere).  It was one of the few "toys" we had to play with there and I have no idea what happened to it.
Actually I see a lot of things my grandparents had -- victrolas, antique chests, wood cook stoves, etc. Anyhow, we wandered through the rest of the buildings.




From here, we headed back to town, had lunch, and went back to the RVs so I could lay down for a little while.  My headache had gotten a lot better, but my eyes seemed to be pretty sensitive to light, so we decided to take it easy for the rest of the day.  In the meantime, Dave's Honda is in the shop.  He called about it and they told him they had run into a problem because of the wiring on it, probably what was done to make it towable, and it probably wouldn't be done before tomorrow.  We had already decided to extend our stay here in this beautiful mountain town, so we hope tomorrow to get back to exploring.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your boo boo. Get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the car is on Joe's side, probably got you back for laughing at pantless Joe...to Funny. Sorry you got hurt, I cringed when reading how, I bet that hurt.

    ReplyDelete