Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Monday (April 14)

Monday.  Another rainy day, although the sun was shining when we got out of bed. Today was not a good day for Lucille.  Her back ache returned, and she was out of sorts all day long.  She had a doctor's appointment about noon, and they took an x-ray, so we should find out in the next day or two whether there is anything "structurally" wrong.  But in the meantime, the doctor gave her for a muscle relaxer, and we are hoping tonight and tomorrow are more comfortable for her.  We had lunch at "Dot's" in town, and Joe found the largest tenderloin yet.  It was very good, probably the best he's had so far, but the coating was a little hard.  But he thoroughly enjoyed it.
I copied this picture from my Facebook posting since I took it with my phone, so it may not show up.

I had a few errands this morning, but I got back in time to switch cars so they had the transport chair (wheelchair) with them. I stopped by Barbara Holscher's, then Fred & Judy's.   It poured down rain just as they got Lucille out of the car at the doctor's office.  Jim and I stayed home from the doctor's appointment, but we met them at Dot's for lunch.  Then Dixie and I did a little shopping for Sunday's birthday party, and got the cake ordered.

Lucille got 6 more birthday cards in the mail today, along with an Easter card from her newest great grandson, Andrew Thomas, in Florida.  He even sent a couple of colored "eggs" for her.


It was a pretty quiet evening.  I gave Dixie a lesson in "hand & foot" card game, but the boys chose not to join us, so that didn't last too long.  Finally, we all sought out our chilly beds. Jim always goes up first and turns on each of our bed lights (in hopes that we won't turn on the hall light when we come to bed).  So tonight, he also turned on our bed warmers, even though his bed doesn't even have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment