Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tuesday-Wednesday (April 22/23)

Tuesday.  We woke up to a nice, sunny day -- a little windy but that was ok.  My lilacs are about one day away from full bloom so I am keeping a close eye on that bush. Joe and Cathy went to town, then drove up to Verne to see about getting our Explorer looked at (Joe hears a noise in one of the wheels), but they didn't have any luck so he came home and pulled the left front wheel.  Fortunately, he didn't find any problem so maybe we lucked out on a repair bill.

It was time for a Bobe's pizza again, and Fred and Judy met us there, then came out for a card game. 

Wednesday.  Cathy left today, with her arm still wrapped up for her dislocated thumb.  By the time she got everything loaded, including the dog and recycle bottles, it was getting close to noon.  I decided to make my run to Oaktown to my sister's grave, then made my annual trip down memory lane through the backroads of Decker Chapel.  I tracked down my schoolbus buddy, Mike Carter, in the field and had a nice chat with him.  He was busy farming, getting the field ready for corn planting.

 
As I drove on down into the bottomland, I could see where the river had just gotten back into its banks.  Some I of the fields were still wet, but I came upon a tractor at Newton Farms that knew to deal with that.

 

































I finally worked my way back home and came into the kitchen to smells of ham and beans for dinner.  Fred always gets invited out for beans, so he and Judy joined us, and then, of course, we played cards for the rest of the evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment