Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday, April 10

We finally all settled down for the night after the company left Wednesday night.  Dixie spent some time making up beds upstairs, and when I went to bed, I found out she had put an electric "warmer" on my bed.  I didn't know that, but the bed was warm and I could feel electric cords under me that I hadn't felt before.  Dixie stopped in the bedroom door and asked me if I was warm, then told me what she had added to my bed.

I had made a new cake recipe during the day, but the frosting was labor intensive so I didn't have it ready when we had all the company.  Dixie tried it out before she went to bed, but I moved it off the table before I went to bed so Lucille wouldn't see it in the middle of the night and decide she needed to try it (that glass cake cover is really heavy).  When I came down this morning, it was back in the middle of the table.  When she got up, either during the night or very early this morning, she decided she needed to try it and had moved the whole cake plate back to the table -- and that thing was heavy.  And the cake wasn't even that great!

Thursday.  We had another electric problem this morning (probably from early morning excursion with the cake).  Anyhow, the kitchen light wouldn't come on.  So Joe is back on the ladder, fixing things again.  Don't know what the problem was but he bypassed the chain and got light back in the kitchen.
Lucille got 5 more birthday cards in the mail today.  She will continue to look at them every day as more come in.  It gives her great pleasure to hear who they are from and to look at the pretty pictures on the cards.

I told Dixie I was handing Lucille back over to her and I was no longer in charge.  I must have felt some relief from her arrival because I slept until almost 10:00 this morning, something I never do.  

Today's next big event was a trip to town to get Lucille's nails done.  First, Joe was going to take her.  Then Jim decided to ride along.  In the discussion of the color of nail polish, Dixie decided she better go to. None of these things just "happen," it takes a great deal of discussion.  So I finally got some peace and quiet -- I stayed home by myself.

But they all noisly returned, and Dixie made her meatloaf for dinner.  Rachelle and the kids stopped by and brought chicken pot pie and carrot cake muffins for tomorrow.  After they left, we played a couple games of 5-handed euchre.  Lucille can see these new cards well enough to play.  She didn't win but she certainly enjoyed playing.

It got up in the high 70s here today, but it was very windy.  I checked the weather back home and it was 96.  We are supposed to have a few more warm days here before the next cold spell.

Dixie just found out it was "siblings day" today, so she posed with her brother for a picture to memorialize the day.  Fred didn't show up today so he missed out.


No comments:

Post a Comment