Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday (April 24)

Thursday.  My lilacs are blooming.  Life is good for me whenever I have lilacs in it.  I cut 2 off and brought them into the house so I can enjoy their beauty and fragrance for the next few days.

Rachelle stopped by in the afternoon with the kids (Lucille and I were napping).  Mallory found some wildlife that had stopped by for a visit.

A baby turtle had stopped by on the carport for a visit.  Joe put it on this fly swatter to get a good photo so you can see how little it is.  Although Mallory and Clayton wanted to take it home with them, Joe carried it out to a bush by the back yard and let it go free.

We all went to dinner (Mike, Rachelle, Mallory and Clayton went with us) to the Log Inn down by Haubstadt.  This family-style restaurant is officially recognized as the "Oldest Restaurant in Indiana," built in 1925 for Noon Day Stage Coach Stop & Trading Post.  The placemat says we can dine in the same original log room that Abraham Lincoln was in, in November 1844.  The food was delicious, and plentiful.  There are several rooms, so I don't know if we ate in the Abe Lincoln room or not, but it was definitely a rustic, old log cabin.  We plan to go back on our next visit.  Joe and I had been there once before, several years ago, but we didn't remember how good it was.

When we left there, Joe spotted a sign to a campground on down that same road, so we drove down there to check it out for the future.  It wasn't anything grand, but it looked like it had full hookups, and would be pretty convenient for our last night before going to Lucille's house.
It had interesting landscaping -- I guess it was representing the rural Indiana life.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting these.
    I always enjoy reading about what is going on.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete