Friday, August 18, 2017

8/18/2017 - A Shopping Day

Friday - Well, today's adventure was shopping for Joe a new cell phone.  He received an e-mail ad from Best Buy this morning that they were offering the Samsung 8plus for $300 off, and he's been suffering through with his phone for a while now, so he found the address for the closest Best Buy and off we went.  We stopped at the General Mercantile down the road for sodas (our first time in that store), and they had pretty neat table and chairs in their deli area.

Buying a new phone is always an ordeal, and this wasn't any different, but Joe did end up with the new Samsung 8plus.  After he had made his decision, I wandered over to a craft store on the same parking lot and shopped there, then came back and checked on him.  Then I went back and shopped two more stores, and then sat in the car.  He came out to the car to get something so he drug me back in to help finish all the details.  It was about a 3-hour process, but finally we finished, grabbed some lunch, and headed over to Joy's. 

There's a store at the corner down from Joy's that I had wanted to stop at all week, and Dixie wanted to go back to, so she and I went there, to Terra Casa, mostly a decor/pottery place, but they had some neat things.  I was especially interested in some hot air balloons I could see as we drove past, so I checked them out.
 

But as soon as I checked the price and saw where they were made, I knew I couldn't buy them.  Not only were they too expensive, they were made in Viet Nam.  Joe doesn't let me buy things made in Viet Nam.

They were pretty heavy so I'm not sure I could have made them work anyhow.  But the store had some neat things in it.

We got back to Joys and started dinner.  Marilyn had made enchalidas, so we added some more side dishes and had a great meal out on the patio again.  Played a few hands of cards, then left before curfew.  Our time here is getting short, but we've had a great visit and gotten to see some lovely parts of Oregon.  Joe is engrossed in his new phone, so that's it for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment