Thursday, July 29, 2021

thursday at Mike and Nancy's

 7-29-2021 - thursday

today is our last day here, so we had a little work to do.  I started our laundry as soon as I got up, then Joe got up and wanted to take everyone to waffle house for breakfast, so we did that, and stopped at a couple yard sales (no one bought anything).  when we got back, I finished my laundry (we had to make a quick trip back home between breakfast and yard sales to turn off the dryer, Nancy's timer doesn't work and it just runs until you open the door, and I forgot to stop it before we left the house).  Joe then replaced the hose on the rv that he had to fix at our last stop -- he just didn't trust it to get us home, and this was the best place to work on it if he had to.  but that was a quick fix with the right parts.  I got the laundry put away and vacuumed, so we are good to go tomorrow.  

at the waffle house, there was a painted rock on the counter that caught Joe's attention.


ashleigh and Jonathan are getting married sept. 9, and the other day Nancy showed me the dress brooklyn is going to wear in the wedding.  so I asked Nancy if she would have brooklyn try the dress on for me so I could get a picture.  It is a beautiful dress, and brooklyn looked beautiful in it.

the back of the dress is really pretty too.
  


Jonathan got back from his run to Michigan today and they came over for dinner and to play cards.  so this is our last supper -- Mike says Jonathan is not in the family yet, so he gets to sit at the bar.


Joe got to play with brooklyn while we cleaned up the dishes -- something about high-five, bumping knuckles and rubbing heads.  she is such a cutie!

Jonathan came in from the garage and told me there were deer across the road, so Nancy, brooklyn and I all ran out.  brooklyn says, "I want them.  I want to catch them." Nancy told her they would run, but she ran in the garage and grabbed her butterfly net, then ran down the driveway until Nancy told her to stop before she got to the road.

You can barely see the deer at the edge of the woods.
but here are the 3 deer we saw.

we had our 6-handed card game, with much noise and many interruptions.  then it was time to say our goodbyes to Jonathan, ashleigh and brooklyn.  and take a few pictures.



after they left, we finished the 4-handed game we started last night, then called it a night.  everyone was tired,  I tried to check around to make sure we had everything since we are leaving in the morning.  we've had a great time here, and we've had a lot of fun with Mike and Nancy.  I told Jonathan the other night that there was 105 years of marriage sitting at the table, so he and ashleigh should pay attention to what we say.   I'm sure they will take note of all our advice.  

It was 91 today, plenty warm and humid.  but tomorrow the high in vincennes is forecast at 82, and on saturday it's only supposed to be 73, with a 60% chance of rain.  so things are looking up!!!  VINCENNES, HERE WE COME.




No comments:

Post a Comment