Monday, April 27, 2015

Our First Day Taking Care of Andrew (4-27-05)

Andrew stayed home with Grandpa and me today, so he ruled our day.  I got my laundry caught back up, and finished unloading stuff from the motorhome.  John is just thrilled with all the treasures I have loaded him down with -- his high school collection of baseball/basketball cards, his baseball bats from 3rd grade, etc.  And of course, he is excited about the saw and books Collins sent him.  Not so much the rest of the stuff.  But I told him I had been storing it for almost 30 years so it is now his turn.  I even found some of his Dukes of Hazzard matchbox cars for him to pass on to his son.


 


I tried to get Andrew down for a nap in the morning, but couldn't get him into a sound sleep.  So eventually, we went to Plan B.
We played inside and out, and all was going well until Grandpa decided to try to dig out their outside faucet to see where to tap into it to bring water to the back yard.  Unfortunately, he broke a water pipe and had water flooding the side yard before he figured out where to shut it off.  John got home just as we got it shut off, so we made a trip to Lowe's to cap it overnight.  Bridgette made her famous tacos for dinner, and when we finally had water again, we got our dishes cleaned up, baths taken, and another day in the books.

1 comment:

  1. Just like his sister breaking stuff but this time he gets to dig hahaha!!! Love Mike

    ReplyDelete