Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Tuesday, April 14

Catching up on the blog.  I made pancakes for breakfast for the gang this morning, then we went our separate ways.  I can't believe how hard it is to remember just what we did YESTERDAY!  Getting old is tough!  That's why I take so many pictures, it helps me remember what we did.  Anyhow, our new camera arrived yesterday, but we haven't mastered it yet.  We bought a Panasonic DMC ZS50, with lots of bells and whistles.  I'm sure it's got more features than we will ever conquer.

I wanted to go back to town to reprint a few of my pictures that I had zoomed in a little too far (and chopped off heads), and Cathy had some errands too, so after breakfast we headed in.  I wanted to get some flowers for Lucille for her birthday as a present from Collins and Marilyn, so our first stop was at the florist.  Cathy had that on her agenda as well, because she was looking for roses for Grandma.  We didn't see anything we liked there, so we went over to JC's, the grocery store that has a pretty good floral section.  Well, the florist was gone for another hour, so we drove over to Walgreens so I could reprint my pictures.  Then we went back to JCs and got my flowers, and Cathy got information about getting hers (another trip tomorrow).  Then we went back to Walgreens so I could  pick up my photos.  It was good that Vincennes is small because we kept going back and forth, between stores, probably 1/2 mile apart.
While we were in town, another present was delivered.  Niece Naomi Ruth and Dick Beasley stopped by with a beautiful angel food cake.  So the celebration has begun.  

Lucille had a little outing today, Dixie took her up the road to visit Betty Wonning, who has been under the weather.  Back in Lucille's card playing days, Betty was her ride down to church for the senior card games.

We had leftovers planned for tonight's meal, and Dana and Michael were coming out to visit, so when we got back home we started heating up everything.  I had invited Dana and Michael to join us in our leftovers, but they were almost too late.  We never know how many people we are cooking for, so if you get here late, you risk an empty plate.

We eventually played 5-handed euchre again, and then called it a night.


No comments:

Post a Comment